Yet another beautiful sunset

Yet another beautiful sunset
Approaching Charleston last fall

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Melbourne FL: SM 918 to Fort Pierce, FL SM 965

This is just east of Boothbay Harbor, Maine. I'm just getting the hang of adding pictures to the blog so I'm catching up on some of the highlights in my photo album. So this is way out of sequence. Laurel (number 1 daughter) and I sailed up there last September.
November 7, Sunday:
My post yesterday was a little premature. When we got the the Ponce de Leon Inlet the weather forecast showed winds to 25 from directly astern, which heaped up waves to 11 feet. With the hurricane Thomas potentially kicking them up even more we elected to stay in the intracoastal. This allowed us to stop at Melbourne where my best buddy from Garden City High School lives. We recently reconnected via Facebook. We got together for a great night of reminiscing and catching up for the over 40 years since we have seen each other. Thank you Steve and Claire for putting me up in a warm and comfortable bed. It was pretty cool last night. Jason connected with his Aunt who lives 15 miles north in Cocoa Beach and stayed with them.
We were able to tie up to the Melbourne Yacht Club gratis thanks to member Hasty Miller who extended the invitation.
We are motor sailing with just the jib again today, as the winds are directly astern at 20 knots just like yesterday. We should arrive in Ft. Pierce at around 4PM today and we will stay with my Aunt Lou and Uncle Mike who live nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment